Services at St Lauds Church, Sherington.
Rector Reverend Coralie Mansfield 01908 613385
Associate Priest: The Reverend Pam Fielding, 4 Griggs Orchard 01908 616763
LLM Professor John Fielding 01908 616763
(Licensed Lay Minister)
SCAN Churches Administrator - Jan Weatherley 01234 391387
Church Website - www.scanparish.org.uk
St Laud, Sherington - Mr EE Pepper, 38 Water Lane 01908 616380
Mr Richard Morgan, Calgary House, Church End 01908 611389
St Lauds: Dates for your diary: Please see church website for more details
Saturday Coffee Morning 9th June 10.00am
Church Clean-up Day 9th June 12:00pm
Saturday Coffee Morning 14th July 10.00am
Strawberry Teas, Mercers Farm 22nd July 2:00pm
Something Different Pet Service 7th October 10:30am
St Laud's Church Autumn Quiz 19th October 7:00pm
Concert by Andante 20th October
Fiona Harrison, A Voice in a Million 10th November
Sherington Church Bazaar 30th November
Newport Singers Christmas Concert TBC
Our school family has chosen 12 values that underpin the ethos at Sherington over a two year cycle. They are values for life based on the teachings of Christianity. The children learn about the values in collective worship, R.E and P.S.H.E lessons and the value for the half-term is displayed around the school. Children are praised and rewarded for showing the value through stickers, verbal praise and in celebration worship. Our values also underpin the British Values of 'law, democracy, individual liberty and mutual respect'.
Some helpful RE Facts:
- RE in voluntary controlled schools must be planned in accordance with the requirements of the local authority’s agreed syllabus for RE (LAS).
- RE in voluntary aided schools is the responsibility of the governors. It is the strong recommendation of the Diocesan Board of Education that VA schools use their local authority syllabus as the basis for their planning.
- All children should have RE provision from Foundation to KS5
- Christianity should have a central role in the curriculum (approx. 2/3)
- At least 5% of curriculum time should be devoted to RE
- Other faiths should be covered, as outlined in the Locally Agreed syllabus